✈️TRAVEL TIPS Post 1#: Airfare & Flights! I literally could talk for hours about tips on this. So maybe I will have to do a video in the future?♀️Ever wonder how to score a deal on flights or get cheap airfare?
Here’s how to get deals on airfare, cheap flights and where to find them:
- IMO, Google Flights is the BEST tool online to find deals & steals on airfare. You can set alerts for google to shoot you an email as soon as a price drops, use their fare calendar, and it will also tell you if the current price is higher than normal, typical or lower than normal.
- When searching for flight deals, I typically start about 5 months beforehand & RARELY book a flight if it’s within 3 weeks of travel. (95% of the time, the prices are ridiculously higher than they should be)
- If you didn’t know: airlines can change flight prices multiple times A DAY!! So I also like to search in an incognito browser window on Chrome so what I am searching is not tracked by the airline.
- I also get emails from airlines like Delta, Southwest, Alaska, Jet Blue, Frontier, etc. They send out regular “DEAL ALERTS” that a don’t cost you anything to get. Just sign up on their websites. A lot of crazy-low airfare deals pop up on that all of the time!
- If you are starting to travel regularly, consider becoming Brand Loyal. For example, we prefer to fly Delta because of the Skymiles we earn, plus all the additional miles we earn with our Delta CCs, using Lyft and other Delta Partners. Helps us earn free flights—and Delta flies to all of the destinations & international destinations we have on our bucket list—or is affiliated with airlines who do!
- Another tip if you fly a few times a year, get TSA Pre-Check! It’s worth it! And kids 12 and younger get TSA Pre-Check benefits automatically, if their parents do! So have you & your spouse get TSA Pre-Check. It’s $85 and lasts 5 years! If you plan to travel internationally, get GLOBAL ENTRY INSTEAD!! (It automatically gives you TSA benefits within the U.S. and saves you so much time instead of standing in those long customs line.)
More tips coming soon. I’ve got lots to share about WDW, our cruise, etc! So follow along on Instagram or check back here for updates.
Any of the tips above help?? LMK & Share with anyone you know who loves traveling too!